To apply for a grant or an impact award, download the word file below, fill in your information, and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2016.
To see a sample Grant Application, Click Here
Grant Application - Deadline: June 15th, 2016
The Healthy Classrooms Foundation is excited to announce our 9th annual invitation for project grant applications to enhance the health of classrooms throughout the state of Wisconsin!
Established in 2008, the Healthy Classrooms Foundation (HCF) strives to make a positive difference in the health of the next generation by promoting and fostering long-lasting projects that increase public health practices in the classrooms. We are committed to community efforts to achieve this goal in the primary and secondary school systems.
It is with these beliefs at heart and in mind that we, HCF, wish to directly support changes at the classroom and school level that focus on issues such as combating childhood obesity, encouraging effective sexuality education, and promoting environmental responsibility for the future.
We seek to fund outstanding projects that aim to integrate public health into the primary and secondary classroom. We encourage you to be creative and think of long-term impact when designing your projects.
Please note the following guidelines when submitting applications:
- Applications will be accepted anytime after March 1st. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Deadline for applications is June 15, 2016 5pm CST.
- Applications must be filled out on the HCF website. To apply, download and complete the Word file linked to above. Previous applicants who wish to reapply for the 2016 submission cycle must resubmit their ideas.
- We will give preference to and review applications based on their applicability, plausibility, sustainability, creativity and organization.
- Projects must be implemented within the state of Wisconsin and focus on any of the following broad categories: physical health, nutrition, sexual education, global perspectives, minority disparities, environmental responsibility, and mental & emotional health.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have at least a high school education or equivalent, and must agree to a background check.
- Funding will not exceed $2,000 and monies granted will be based on a budget proposed by the project grant applicant. Funds may not be used for salaries or stipends. Grants are for supplies and direct project expenses (e.g. software, printing, supplies, field trip expenses, etc.) only.
- The application is an online form that must be completed at the time it is started. Once sent, the application cannot be changed. If you do have problems with your submission, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Typing in the applicant’s name on the designated signature line of the application will be considered an official signed signature. Grant recipients will be notified in July 2016.
- Please direct any questions to the HCF online forum at http://hc-foundation.forumotion.com/. In order to post to the forum, it is necessary to register using the link at the top of the page.
Impact Award - Application Deadline: June 15, 2016
Mission: The Healthy Classrooms Foundation is committed to integrating public health education, such as fitness, nutrition, developmental health, and environmental responsibility, into the primary and secondary school systems. The Foundation supports a community effort to invest in the sustainable development of healthy lifestyles and make classrooms a healthier place to learn.
Description: With the Impact Award, we affirm our commitment to supporting individuals that directly support changes at the classroom and school level and bring us closer as a community. Recognizing and honoring community volunteers encourages a sustained commitment to civic participation and inspires others to make service a central part of their lives. The Impact Award recognizes individuals that have donated their time, efforts, and resources to have a positive effect on the health of children and promote the HCF mission. Furthermore, the Impact Award seeks to honor an individual who sets a standard for the promotion of the HCF mission.
Impact Award: One award totaling $1,000.00 to the recipient chosen by the selection committee. The recipient may use the monetary award at their discretion.
Eligibility: Individuals that provide a service to the community, promoting the Healthy Classroom Foundations mission. Previous and current recipients of a Healthy Classrooms Foundation grant are not eligible for the Impact Award.
Requirements: Submit a statement of no more than 500 words describing the service project and the community impact of your service. Nominations will also be accepted. Submissions will be considered under the following selection criteria:
- We will give preference to and review applications based on the exemplary display of leadership and commitment to the HCF mission and community service. The plausibility, sustainability, creativity, and organization of the service will be considered. Finally, we will also review the impact of the service on the community.
- Service must be implemented within the state of Wisconsin and focus on any of the following broad categories: physical health, nutrition, sexual education, global perspectives, minority disparities, environmental responsibility, and mental and/or emotional health.
- Applicants/nominees must be at least 18 years of age, have at least a high school education or equivalent, and must agree to a background check.
Submission and Notification: Statements are due at 5pm CST, June 15, 2015. Please email the 500-word nomination statement, along with the nominee's contact information, as an attachment to the Healthy Classrooms Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make the subject line of the email: ATTN Giving Committee—Impact. Notifications will be sent out via email in early June regarding award decisions.